Why call to action Is Crucial For Your Online Business: Tips For Creating A Winning Strategy
Why call to action Is Crucial For Your Online Business: Tips For Creating A Winning Strategy
In the world of online business, it's not enough to have a website and hope that customers will come to you. You must be strategic and intentional about every aspect of your online presence, including your call to action (CTA). But what is a call to action, and why is it so crucial for the success of your business?
What Is A Call to Action?
A call to action is a prompt on a website or other marketing materials encouraging the user to take a certain action, like making a purchase, subscribing to a newsletter, or scheduling a consultation. It's essentially the final step in the conversion process, and it can make all the difference between a visitor leaving your site and becoming a customer.
This article will explore the importance of a strong call to action for your online business and provide tips for creating a winning strategy. We'll also look at some effective call to action examples and explain how to write a call to action that's both compelling and effective. Whether you're just starting in the online business world or looking to improve your existing CTA, this article will provide the information you need to create the perfect call to action.
Importance Of Call to Action In Online Business
A call-to-action (CTA) is a prompt that encourages your website visitors or potential customers to take a specific action. In the context of an online business, the CTA could be to make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, download an e-book, or register for a free trial. Here are some reasons why a CTA is essential for an online business:
- Increases Conversions. A clear and prominent call-to-action can significantly increase the chances of converting website visitors into customers. By providing a clear path and a specific action, visitors are more likely to follow through and make a purchase.
- Guides Your Visitors. A well-designed CTA can guide visitors to the next step in buying, leading them to purchase. By providing a clear and concise message, visitors are less likely to get lost or confused, increasing their chances of taking action.
- Builds Trust. A well-placed and well-crafted CTA can also help build trust with potential customers. By providing valuable information and leading them to a clear next step, customers are more likely to trust your business and feel confident in making a purchase.
- Drives Sales. Ultimately, the main goal of an online business is to drive sales. A strong CTA can help encourage visitors to take action and make a purchase, leading to increased sales and revenue for the business.
It is crucial for an online business to have a prominent and unambiguous call-to-action. Offering visitors a clear direction and a particular task to complete can boost conversion rates, assist visitors in navigating their website, establish credibility, and eventually generate more sales. When visitors see that you're confident enough in your product or service to ask them to take action, it can make them more likely to trust and respect your business.
It is where a website builder like Strikingly comes in. With Strikingly's easy-to-use platform, you can create a beautiful and professional-looking website with a clear and compelling call to action. Strikingly provides a variety of call to action templates to choose from and customization options that allow you to tailor your call to action to your specific business and audience.
Furthermore, Strikingly's integration with marketing tools and analytics features makes it easy to track the effectiveness of your call to action and make adjustments as needed. Whether you're just starting off or looking to improve your existing call to action strategy, Strikingly can help you create the perfect call to action for your online business.
Call to Action Examples
Here are some call-to-action examples for an online business:
- "Buy Now" - This simple and direct call-to-action is often used on e-commerce websites to encourage visitors to make a purchase.
- "Sign Up for Our Newsletter" - By asking visitors to sign up for a newsletter, businesses can stay in touch with potential customers and nurture their relationship.
- "Download Our Free Guide" - Offering a free guide or e-book can effectively entice visitors to take action and provide their contact information.
- "Start Your Free Trial" - For subscription-based businesses or software companies, offering a free trial can be a powerful call-to-action to encourage visitors to try their product.
- "Get a Quote" - This call-to-action is commonly used by service-based businesses, such as insurance or home repair companies, to encourage visitors to request a quote or estimate.
- "Schedule a Consultation" - Similar to the "Get a Quote" call-to-action, this is commonly used by businesses that offer professional services, such as legal or financial consulting.
- "Join Our Community" - Encouraging visitors to join a community or forum can effectively build engagement and loyalty.
The key to a successful call-to-action is to provide visitors with a clear and compelling reason to take action. Focusing on the benefits and offering a clear and concise message can encourage visitors to take the desired action.
Image taken from Strikingly
The Elements Of A Strong Call to Action
You can write a call to action but making it effective involves more than just adding a button to your website. To create an effective call to action that drives conversions and engages your audience, you must pay attention to the following elements:
Clear And Concise Language
Clear and concise language is one of the most important elements of a strong call to action. Your call to action should be simple to understand and action-oriented. It should convey the benefit or value of taking the desired action and convey a sense of urgency.
Using action-oriented language is important because it helps to create a sense of momentum and encourages visitors to take action. Verbs like "subscribe," "register," or "buy" can be effective at communicating the desired action and encouraging visitors to take that action. It's also important to ensure your call to action message is simple and to the point. Avoid using complex or technical language that may confuse or deter visitors. Use simple, easy-to-understand language communicating the value of taking the desired action.
To create a perfect call to action, it's important to consider the context in which it will be displayed. For example, the language and messaging of a call to action on a free trial landing page may differ from the call to action on a product page. Understanding your audience and their needs can help you tailor your messaging and create a call to action that resonates with your visitors. When writing a call to action, focusing on the benefits or value visitors will receive by taking the desired action is important. Whether access to exclusive content, a discount, or a free trial, ensure the benefit is clear and compelling.
Image taken from Strikingly
Placement Of Call to Action On Website
Another important element of a strong call to action is its placement on your website. Your call to action placement can make a big difference in effectiveness and ultimately impact your conversion rates. Your call to action should be displayed on your website, preferably above the fold. Visitors can see the call to action without scrolling down the page. A CTA that is above the fold will be more noticeable and can help to increase the chance that visitors will take the wanted action. It's also important to ensure that your CTA is consistently placed across your website. It can help visitors easily find your call to action and encourage them to take the desired action. Consistent placement can also create a sense of familiarity and build trust with your audience.
In addition to placement, the design and layout of your CTA can also impact its effectiveness. Your call to action should be visually distinct and stand out from the rest of your website. It can be achieved through contrasting colors, bold text, or other design elements that draw attention to the CTA. Sometimes, having multiple CTAs on a single page may be appropriate. It can reinforce the desired action and increase visitors' likelihood of taking it.
Design And Color Scheme Of Call to Action
Your call to action design and color scheme can also be key to its effectiveness. The goal is to create a CTA that stands out and draws the visitor's attention while also fitting seamlessly into the overall design of your website.
Firstly, the color of your call to action can greatly impact its effectiveness. The color should be bright and attention-grabbing, but it should also contrast well with the background color of your website. For example, a bright green call to action may be more noticeable on a white background, while a bright red CTA may stand out more on a blue background.
In addition to color, the design of your call to action can also play a role in its effectiveness. Your call to action should be visually noticeable from the rest of your website, with a clear and easy-to-read font. It should also be large enough to be noted but not so huge that it overwhelms the page's rest. The shape and style of your call to action can also impact its effectiveness. For example, a button-style call to action can be more noticeable than a simple hyperlink. Using arrows or other visual cues can also draw attention to the call to action and make it more compelling.
It's important to remember that your CTA's design and color scheme should be consistent across your website. It can build familiarity with your audience and make it easier for them to find and take the desired action.
Urgency And Incentives
Creating a sense of urgency and providing incentives are two additional elements that can make your call to action more effective.
One way to create urgency is by using time-sensitive language in your CTA. For example, you could use phrases such as "limited time offer" or "act now" to encourage visitors to take action immediately. Creating a sense of urgency can increase the likelihood that visitors will take action and put it on later. In addition to urgency, offering incentives can be a powerful motivator for visitors. These incentives can come in different forms, such as discounts, free trials, or bonus content. You can encourage visitors to take the desired action and increase conversions for your online business by offering a valuable incentive.
When creating your CTA, it's important to be clear about the benefits visitors will receive when they act. It can make the incentive more appealing and increase users' chances to take the coveted action. It's also vital to consider the placement of urgency and incentive language within your call to action. For example, you may want to place the urgency language before the incentive language to create a sense of urgency before offering the incentive.
Image taken from Strikingly
Tips For Creating A Winning Call to Action Strategy
#1. Understand Your Target Audience
To create a winning call to action strategy, it's important to understand your target audience. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- The first step in capturing your target audience is to identify who they are. Consider demographics such as age, gender, location, and interests. This information can help you tailor your call to action to their needs and preferences.
- Know their pain points. What are the pain points or problems your audience is trying to solve? Understanding these pain points can help you craft a more effective CTA that addresses their needs and encourages action.
- Speak their language. Use language that matches your target audience. Use words and phrases that they are familiar with and understand. It will make your call to action more relatable and compelling.
- Use specific and actionable language. Be clear and specific about what you want your audience to do. Use actionable verbs that inspire action, such as "get started," "subscribe now," or "buy today."
- Consider the customer journey. Consider where your audience is in the customer journey and tailor your CTA accordingly. For example, a first-time visitor to your website may need a different CTA than someone already engaged with your brand.
Understanding your target audience can help you create a more effective and tailored call to action strategy that resonates with your audience and encourages action.
#2. Test And Optimize Call to Action
Testing and optimizing your CTAs are essential to creating a winning strategy. Here are some tips to help you:
- Use A/B testing. A/B testing includes creating two versions of a call to action and showing them to a small percentage of your audience. You can then see which version performs better and use that version for the rest of your audience.
- Test different elements of your CTAs, such as the color, text, and placement, to see what works best for your audience. For example, you may find that a red button performs better than a blue button.
- Analyze data from your website analytics to see how your CTAs are performing. Look at metrics such as click-through and conversion rates to see if there are areas for improvement.
- Use the data from your tests to change your call to action. You can make small changes and test again to see if the changes have a positive impact.
- Continuously optimize. Optimizing your CTAs is an ongoing process. Continuously test and analyze to ensure your CTAs are as effective as possible.
#3. Create A Sense Of Urgency
Creating a sense of urgency effectively motivates potential customers to act on your call to action. Here are some tips for incorporating urgency into your call to action strategy:
- Use time-limited offers. Setting a deadline for an offer can build up a sense of urgency and motivate potential customers to take action. For example, "Limited time offer - Get 20% off your purchase if you act now!"
- Highlight limited availability. Emphasizing that a product or service is available in limited quantities can create a sense of urgency. For example, "Only five spots left - Register for our webinar now!"
- Use urgent language. Your CTA should use language that creates a sense of urgency. Examples of such language include "now," "limited time," "hurry," "act fast," and "don't miss out."
- Use urgency in design. The design of your CTA can also create a sense of urgency. Use bold colors, flashing buttons, or countdown timers to capture the viewer's attention and create a sense of urgency.
Remember, urgency should be used strategically and not overdone, as it can lead to mistrust or lack of credibility.
#4. Offer Incentives
Offering incentives can be a great way to encourage users to take action on your website. Here are some tips for incorporating incentives into your call to action strategy:
- Make it clear. Be upfront about the incentives you're offering, and make sure they are clearly stated in your CTA. It could be a discount, a free trial, or some other type of offer.
- Be relevant. The incentives you offer should be relevant to your audience and your business. For example, if you sell beauty products, offering a free makeup tutorial may be more enticing than a discount on a product.
- Be honest. Make sure that any incentives you offer are honest and achievable. Offering something you can't deliver on can damage your credibility and reputation.
You can make your CTAs more compelling and increase the likelihood that users will take action on your website, by offering incentives.
#5. Make It Easy To Act
Making it easy to act is essential to a winning CTA strategy. Here are some tips to make it easy for users to take action:
- Please keep it simple. The call to action should be straightforward to understand. Use clear language that conveys the message without any confusion.
- Use a prominent placement. Place the CTA in a prominent location on the webpage so that users don't have to search for it.
- Use a button that stands out from the rest of the webpage and clearly communicates the desired action. A button that contrasts with the background color and is easy to read will be more effective.
- If your CTA involves filling out a form, keep the number of fields to a minimum. Only ask for essential information to avoid overwhelming the user.
- Make it mobile-friendly. Ensure that the call to action is mobile-friendly and easy to tap on mobile devices. Test the CTA on different devices to ensure it works well on all of them.
Image taken from Strikingly
How Strikingly Helps With Call to Action Strategy?
If you are using Strikingly as your website builder, you will be pleased to know that it offers several features to help you create an effective call to action strategy. Here are some ways in which Strikingly can assist with your call to action efforts:
- Strikingly's built-in CTA buttons
Strikingly offers a variety of call to action buttons that can be easily customized to meet your needs. These buttons have been designed to generate conversions effectively, making creating a strong call to action without extensive design knowledge easier.
- Customization options
While Strikingly's call to action templates are effective on their own, you can also customize them to suit your brand and audience better. It includes changing the CTA's text, design, and placement to make it more effective and compelling.
- Integration with marketing tools
Strikingly integrates with various marketing tools, including email marketing tools and social media platforms. It allows you to create targeted campaigns and track the success of your call to action across multiple channels.
- Analytics and A/B testing features
Strikingly also offers analytics and A/B testing features that allow you to track the success of your CTAs and make changes as needed. It allows you to continually improve your call to action strategy and increase conversions over time.
You can create a more effective and compelling call to action strategy for your online business using Strikingly's built-in call to action templates, customization options, integration with marketing tools, analytics, and A/B testing features.
A call to action (CTA) is vital to any online business. It helps guide website visitors toward a specific action, leading to conversions and revenue generation. Creating a perfect call to action involves using clear and concise language, choosing the right design and color scheme, placing it in the right location, offering incentives, creating a sense of urgency, and making it easy to act.
To create an effective CTA, businesses must understand their target audience, test and optimize their CTAs, create a sense of urgency, offer incentives, and make it easy to act. Following these tips can help businesses create a winning call to action strategy that boosts their conversions and revenue.
Strikingly can help businesses create effective CTAs through its built-in call to action templates, customization options, integration with marketing tools, and analytics and A/B testing features. With Strikingly, businesses can easily create a professional website with a strong call to action.
Businesses must prioritize their call to action strategies as they can make a significant difference in their overall success. Implementing an effective call to action can increase your website's engagement, boost conversions, and ultimately increase revenue. However, the real question is, are you using the CTA’s to its maximum potential?