Do you have that idea which you’re itching to share with the rest of the world? Starting a personal blog might be just the thing you need to get your story heard. Having an online space to call your own enables you to build a personal brand and share your own insights on different topics which you are very passionate about. This can also pave the way for tons of potentially lucrative careers in digital content creation, especially if you create a blog site that targets a specific niche or audience.
Building blog sites is no longer as complicated as it once was. With a website builder as promising as Strikingly, it is now more possible to create different blog sites as well as blog site templates that could compete with the biggest influencer sites in the whole industry today. Armed with the right concept and a few choices primarily for blog templates, you can start building free blog sites in minutes.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines listed down by Strikingly which you should think about first when it comes to creating and starting your own blog site templates.
1. Identify your niche and target audience
If you’re creating a blog purely for personal reasons - i.e. to have an online journal for everything and anything that comes to mind - then it’s safe to say that you can probably skip this step and move on to designing your site out of one of the many blogger templates on Strikingly’s collection. However, if you are creating a blog with the purpose of creating content that you want other people to consume and follow closely, you will need to plan this project carefully
Start your step by identifying your specific niche topic. If you intend to monetize your blog or pursue a career as a blogger, we recommend that you specialize in a topic that you feel strongly and more comfortable about. Building on a single niche allows you to better craft content that will speak to your audience directly and clearly. It will also make designing your own blog templates easier to accomplish since the idea/concept you want is already set. You have a better chance of building a loyal follower base when you establish yourself as an authority in a particular subject.
2. Your choice of blog templates is important
Here at Strikingly, we are all about providing our users with a strong start to their website projects. With over 3 million users from all over the world, we understand the importance of designing a website from a template that best suits your content requirements. There are so many blog templates in our library collection and each one serves a particular purpose or caters to a specific aesthetic and need of the users. The kind of image that you want to present to your audience, along with the kind of content you intend to create - e.g. blog articles, vlogs, photo journals or even an online store - will influence your choice of website template. Make sure to preview a few options that look interesting and appealing to you before you start editing.
Should you find that the design you chose is not working for you, it’s also okay to change your mind. You can switch to a different template at any point in the web development process or even after you have published your website.
3. Customize according to your personal branding
What kind of image do you exactly want your blog to have? How do you want your users to look at your own website? To make your blog site stand out among others, it’s important to build a brand that people can easily relate to and will always remember. This means taking high considerations on implementing an appropriate color scheme that suits the personality you want your website to have. It also means experimenting with different types of fonts and design elements that will define your branding. You can also take this a notch further by creating a custom logo for your site and using this logo across your other online profiles.
4. Keep your blog updated
Once you have your blog site up and running, it is important to make sure that it is updated regularly - both for SEO purposes and to establish a loyal following. You have to keep serving your readers something new every time they come to your website. Create a content calendar and aim to add at least 2 articles per week.
Once you have built a good amount of content, you can move on to creating different blog sections to help users find streamlined information. You might also want to run newsletter campaigns to keep readers engaged and updated whenever you add new content to your site.
5. Don’t forget about socials
If you have other online profiles or social media platforms, it would be great to integrate them into your Strikingly blog. This is also one way of expanding your personal blog, as well as pushing more users to visit your website. Connect your social media accounts to your site to update your followers of your latest post. Share new content to your online profiles and encourage readers to leave comments or feedback. Make sure to respond to messages in a timely manner as well.
Ready to build your personal brand? Create a blog with Strikingly today.
Reasons Why Blog Templates Rock
Blog templates is one weapon anyone could have. It holds a lot of benefits in the field of blogging which may appear unknown for some. Having your own designed blog template for your personal blog will not only add increased percentage to its overall aesthetic value, but also unleashes more from it. If you are someone who is curious and is seeking to discover the true beauty hidden beneath blog templates, Strikingly listed it all down for you.
- Highlights. Blogging is the same as expressing yourself. Your blog website template does not only exist to beautify your personal blog. It does not only show creativity but most importantly, it gives the spotlight to what the whole blogging is all about. The existence of these blog designs templates adds more meaning to your primary purpose of creating the whole blog. It plays the supporting role of your storytelling towards your site visitors, of course with you as the main lead. With the presence of blog templates, your whole blogging journey becomes more meaningful and worth-seeing.
- Promotes. Blog templates serve as one of the main ideas of your personal blog website. Site visitors notice your blog website templates right at the moment they click on your main website page. It is the one that primarily draws their attention to digging more on the depths of your personal blogs. Blogging would be meaningless if it does not drive people to your site. Once site visitors see how uniquely designed your blog template is, they will become curious and drawn in just a short period of time. With this, higher chances of gathering a large number of loyal site visitors is more possible to happen. In just a span of time, your personal blog would surely be a hit without you even noticing right. And when it comes to promoting your own blogging website, Strikingly can surely offer you a lot in just one-click.
- Easy. One thing about blog templates besides their unique beauty is that they are very easy to deal with. They are not easy to understand and the process of doing them is just as easy as one two three. You can create your own design just by yourself. Even those who are just new in the field of website designing would not find it hard to understand. Through blog templates, you are not just able to create a design for your personal blog but also express yourself without even breaking a lot of sweat.
Admit it, we sometimes have that urge to do what we want, but end up not doing it because the process is too hard, right? Well if you are that type of person and yet still wants to try blogging, creating blog templates with Strikingly would definitely not make things hard for you.
Start Your Own Blog this 2021 with these Blog Website Templates
Are you now getting hyped up? Then we’ll make things more interesting for you. Below are few of different blog templates websites which can help you reach that goal of standing out. Spoilers, a lot of them offer free blog templates too!
- Jevelin. This blog template website is one big help to those who are just starting in the field of blogging. Even without having that much experience in creating blog templates, anyone could create one with Jevelin. It is user-friendly even just by using your own mobile phone.
- Readit. Readit is a free blog template website which offers a lot of features. This includes a set of navigation tools, social media icons Google Maps and even a contact form for its users.
- Ruft. Ruft is also one of those who offer free blog website templates for your website. They offer wide collections of blog templates which you can surely enjoy using. If you are someone who plans to create a travel-inspired, creating your blog template with Ruft is one great idea.
- Wordify. This free blog website templates website is best for bloggers who engage in writing and journalism. It has a clean and minimalism approach which best suits the taste of a simple blogger.
- Fantom. Fantom is a free blog templates websites which mainly showcases a more feminine approach of website designing and blogging. It is a website which can adapt quickly on however you want your designed blog template to turn out.
- Strikingly. Saving the best for last, Strikingly. Strikingly is not just a website which focuses on ecommerce and website building, but is also a pro in blogging. It offers a collection of blog templates which will surely make your personal blog more interesting.
Why Blog with Strikingly?
Blogging is now more fun and interesting with Strikingly. Besides having tons of choices to choose from, they also offer free blog templates! Even if you are someone who is just seeking for a fresh start up or even if you are already a pro in this field, blogging with Strikingly is surely a win.
If you are planning to start a simple blog, Strikingly will help you through it. All you have to do is follow these easy steps and welcome yourself in the world of blogging, all for free!
How to Start Simple Blog with Strikingly
Step 1: Create an account with Strikingly (it's free!).
Step 2: Click the button that says “Edit” for the site you prefer to add the blog section to.
**Step 3: **Click “Add a Section” right in the toolbar editor where you will find the option to add a blog section to your website.
Now that you have your own blogging section, it is the right time to start the main highlight –creating your first actual blog post! And for that, Strikingly made these basic guidelines for you to create your first blog post smoothly.
Step 1: After finishing adding your new blog section for your personal blog, just simply hover your mouse over the section and then click the “Manage Blog Posts” button.
Step 2: Then, click/select “Write New Post.".
Step 3: Select the content you prefer for your blog and you can now start creating your first blog post.
You can choose to schedule your post for future posting, or post right away. You can also turn on the comment featur, so you can directly interact with your audience. What’s more, you can add a subscribe button on your blog section to generate more leads and followers.
Strikingly has made blogging easy and free for creative, individuals, business people--whoever you might be. There is literally no excuse for you to delay blogging. As Nike says, “Just do it.”