Of course, your email subscribers are important
Your email subscribers are important for several reasons. They are a captive audience that has permitted you to contact them directly. This means they are interested in what you say and are more likely to engage with your content. A large email list can also help increase website traffic and sales.
One of the most common mistakes people make is not understanding their audience. Without knowing who your audience is and what they want, creating content that will resonate with them and encourage them to sign up for your email list is difficult.
Another mistake is not having a clear call-to-action (CTA) on your website or social media channels. If it's not obvious how someone can sign up for your emails, they may not bother trying.
Building an email list takes time and effort but is ultimately worth it. You need to be patient and persistent to see results. It's also important to focus on providing value for your subscribers rather than just trying to sell them something.
In this article, I'll be sharing tips on:
- how to understand your audience better
- how to create a lead magnet that will entice people to sign up for your emails
- how to optimize your website for conversions
- how to use pop-ups and opt-in forms effectively
We’ll also be sharing strategies for driving traffic to your website and nurturing your email list once you've built it.
Keep reading if you're ready to get more email subscribers and grow your business!
Understand Your Audience
If you want to answer the question, “how to get more email subscribers?” you must understand your audience. Without knowing who your ideal customer is, you won't be able to create content that resonates with them or offer lead magnets that they find valuable.
Understanding your audience allows you to tailor your content and offerings to their specific needs and interests. This not only helps you attract more subscribers but also keeps them engaged and interested in what you have to offer.
What are customer avatars, and why do I need them?
Creating a customer avatar is an effective way to understand your audience better and effective ways to get more email subscribers. A customer avatar is a detailed description of your ideal customer, including demographics, interests, pain points, and goals.
To create a customer avatar, start by analyzing your existing customers or researching your target market. Use this information to create a fictional character representing the typical person interested in your offer.
There are many research tools available that can help you better understand your audience. Some popular options include:
1) Google Analytics. This tool provides insights into the demographics, interests, and behavior of visitors to your website.
2) Social media analytics. Most social media platforms provide analytics tools that can help you understand the demographics and interests of your followers.
3) Surveys. Conducting surveys can help you gather feedback from existing customers or potential customers about their needs and preferences.
Your website can also be a valuable source of data about your audience. By analyzing metrics such as bounce rate, time on page, and click-through rate, you can gain insights into what content resonates with visitors and what areas of your site need improvement.
You can also use tools such as heat maps or user recordings to see how visitors interact with your site and identify any usability issues that may be hindering conversions.
Create a Lead Magnet
As we covered in the previous section, understanding your audience is crucial for getting more email subscribers. But once you know your audience, how do you entice them to give you their email address? That's where a lead magnet comes in.
What is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is something of value that you offer your website visitors in exchange for their email addresses. It could be an ebook, a checklist, a free trial, or anything else that would be useful and relevant to your target audience.
Why do you need a lead magnet? Because people are hesitant to give out their contact information without getting something in return. Offering them something they want or need increases their chances of becoming subscribers.
Different Types of Lead Magnets
Countless types of lead magnets can also be effective ways to get more email subscribers. Here are a few ideas:
1. A free ebook or guide provides in-depth information and guidance on a particular topic. It can be a comprehensive guide, a how-to manual, or a collection of tips and tricks. When you offer a free ebook or guide, you can position yourself as an expert in your field and establish trust with your audience.
2. A discount code or coupon is a great way to incentivize potential customers to take action and purchase. Offering a discount code or coupon can entice people to try your product or service at a lower price, increasing sales and customer loyalty.
3. A free trial or demo can be a powerful lead magnet for software or service-based businesses. By offering a free trial or demo, you allow potential customers to test-drive your product or service and experience its value firsthand. This can lead to increased conversions and customer satisfaction.
4. A quiz or assessment is an interactive lead magnet that engages your audience and provides valuable insights. Creating a quiz or assessment related to your product or service can help your audience learn more about themselves while showcasing your expertise and value.
5. A checklist or cheat sheet is a quick and easy resource that provides actionable tips and steps. By offering a checklist or cheat sheet, you can help your audience achieve a specific goal or solve a problem simply and efficiently.
6. A webinar or video training is a more in-depth lead magnet that provides valuable education and training. By hosting a webinar or video training session, you can showcase your expertise and provide valuable insights and guidance to your audience. This can also be a great way to build relationships and establish trust with your audience.
The key is ensuring your lead magnet aligns with your audience's interests and needs.
Create a High-Converting Lead Magnet
Creating a high-converting lead magnet requires some thought and effort. Here are some tips:
1. Choose an enticing title communicating the offer's value. The title should be clear, specific, and communicate the offer's benefits.
2. Make sure the content is high-quality and provides real value. The content should be relevant, helpful, and valuable to the target audience.
3. Keep it concise - people don't want to read a novel. The lead magnet should be short and to the point, providing valuable information in a concise format.
4. Use visuals like images and graphics to make it more engaging. Visual elements can help break up text and make the lead magnet more engaging and memorable.
5. Include a clear call-to-action (CTA) that tells people what to do next (i.e., enter their email address). The CTA should be clear, specific and motivate people to take action.
6. Test different formats and see what works best for your audience. Experiment with different formats (e.g., ebook, checklist, video) to see what resonates best with your target audience and drives the most conversions.
Promoting Your Lead Magnet on Your Website
Once your lead magnet is created, you must promote it. Here are some tips:
1. Feature it prominently on your homepage or landing page. The lead magnet should be prominently displayed on the homepage or landing page to catch visitors' attention.
2. Use pop-ups or slide-ins to draw attention to it. Pop-ups or slide-ins can be used to draw attention to the lead magnet and encourage visitors to sign up.
3. Create a dedicated landing page for the offer. A dedicated landing page can provide more information about the lead magnet and help convert visitors into leads.
4. Mention it in relevant blog posts or articles. Mentioning the lead magnet in relevant blog posts or articles can drive traffic to the landing page and increase sign-ups.
5. Share it on social media. Sharing the lead magnet on social media can help increase visibility and attract new leads.
Remember, the goal is to make it as easy as possible for people to see and sign up for your offer.
Optimizing Your Website for Conversions with Strikingly
As the hub of your online presence, your website is where you'll likely direct most of your traffic to get more email subscribers. It is one of the most effective ways to get more email subscribers. However, simply having a website is not enough. To see real results, you need to optimize it for conversions. Strikingly, a website builder that offers easy-to-use tools for creating professional-looking websites can help you with this task.
When visitors come to your website, they're looking for something specific. Whether it's information, products, or services, they want to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. If your website is cluttered or confusing, they'll likely leave without taking any action. With Strikingly, you can create a clean and organized website that is easy to navigate, ensuring that visitors can find what they're looking for quickly and efficiently.
Create a Clear Call-to-Action (CTA) with Strikingly
Your call-to-action (CTA) is the button or link that prompts visitors to take action on your website, such as subscribing to your email list. With Strikingly, you can create a clear and compelling CTA that stands out from the rest of your content and encourages visitors to take action.
Here are some tips on creating a clear CTA with Strikingly:
- Use contrasting colors. Strikingly offers a range of design templates with built-in color schemes, making it easy to choose contrasting colors for your CTA button that will make it stand out.
- Keep it simple. Strikingly's website builder allows you to easily add text boxes, buttons, and other elements to your website. Keep your CTA message short and simple, clearly communicating what visitors will get when subscribing.
- Place it strategically. Strikingly's drag-and-drop editor lets you move elements around your website easily, allowing you to place your CTA in a prominent location where visitors can easily see it.
Optimizing your website for conversions with Strikingly, you can ensure that your visitors can easily find what they're looking for and take the desired action, such as subscribing to your email list.
Using Social Proof on Your Website
Social proof is a powerful tool for getting more email subscribers. With Strikingly, you can easily incorporate social proof into your website design to build trust with potential subscribers and increase conversion rates.
Strikingly offers a range of features to help you incorporate social proof into your website:
- Use customer reviews or testimonials. With Strikingly's built-in review and testimonial tools, you can showcase positive reviews or testimonials from existing subscribers to build trust with potential subscribers.
- Highlight your social media following. Strikingly's social media integration feature allows you to display your social media following on your website, helping to establish social proof and build trust with visitors.
Use Pop-Ups and Opt-In Forms
If you want more email subscribers, pop-ups and opt-in forms can be incredibly effective tools. Pop-ups and opt-in forms allow you to capture your website visitors' contact information in exchange for something of value, such as a lead magnet or access to exclusive content. Using these tools strategically can significantly increase your list's number of email subscribers.
Here are some best practices for creating them and some tools to help you get started.
Best Practices for Creating Effective Pop-Ups and Opt-In Forms
When creating pop-ups and opt-in forms, remember the following tips:
- Visual Appeal. Pop-ups and opt-in forms should be visually appealing and match your website's branding. This means using colors, fonts, and images that complement your site's overall design to create a cohesive visitor experience. Strikingly provides a range of customizable templates and design options to help you create visually appealing pop-ups and opt-in forms that align with your brand's aesthetic.
- Value Proposition. Communicate the value proposition of your offer in your pop-ups and opt-in forms. Let visitors know what they can expect to receive in exchange for their contact information, such as exclusive content, discounts, or a lead magnet. Strikingly allows you to create custom forms with clear and concise value propositions to encourage visitors to subscribe.
- Keep it Short and Sweet. Keep your pop-ups and opt-in forms short and to the point. Visitors should be able to quickly understand the value of your offer and fill out the form without any hassle. Strikingly provides options to create simple and short forms that can be easily integrated into your website.
- Attention-grabbing Headlines and Compelling Copy. Use attention-grabbing headlines and compelling copy to entice visitors to subscribe to your email list. Your copy should be persuasive and communicate the benefits of subscribing. Strikingly provides tools to create and customize copy that grabs visitors' attention.
- Test Different Designs and Placements. Test different designs, messaging, and placements of your pop-ups and opt-in forms to see what works best for your audience. Try different variations to determine which form design, messaging, or placement on your site generates the highest conversion rates. Strikingly provides built-in analytics to track and analyze the performance of your forms, allowing you to make data-driven decisions about what works best.
Drive Traffic to Your Website
As we've already established, email subscribers are crucial for the success of your business. But how do you get more of them? Well, one key factor is traffic to your website. The more people who visit your site, the more opportunities you have to convert them into subscribers.
Let's dive into some strategies for driving traffic to your website.
Simply put, without traffic to your website, you won't have anyone to convert into email subscribers. You could have the world's best lead magnet and opt-in forms, but they won't make a difference if no one is visiting your site. Focusing on driving traffic is essential to your overall email marketing strategy.
Strategies for Driving Traffic to Your Website
There are countless ways to drive traffic to your website, but here are a few effective ones:
- Content marketing. Creating high-quality blog posts, videos, infographics, and other types of content can attract visitors interested in what you have to say.
- Search engine optimization (SEO). Optimizing your website and content for search engines can help you rank higher in search results and attract organic traffic.
- Paid advertising. Running ads on platforms like Google Ads or Facebook Ads can help you reach a targeted audience and drive traffic quickly.
- Guest blogging. Writing articles for other websites in your industry can help you reach a new audience and drive referral traffic back to your site.
- Use social media. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram can be powerful tools for driving traffic back to your website.
By now, you should understand how to get more email subscribers for your website. Remember that building an email list is an ongoing process, but you can steadily grow your list with the right strategies.
But be warned. Before implementing these tips on getting more email subscribers, it's important to avoid common mistakes that can hurt your efforts:
- Don't buy or rent email lists. This is unethical and ineffective as these people haven't opted-in to receive emails from you.
- Don't overwhelm visitors with too many opt-in forms or pop-ups. This can annoy them and drive them away from your site.
- Don't forget about mobile optimization. More than half of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices, so make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
Building an email list takes time, effort, and patience – but it's worth it! A strong email list allows you to communicate directly with potential customers who have shown interest in your offer.
Remember to keep your audience in mind, offer valuable content, and always test and improve your strategies. And don't forget to celebrate your successes along the way!
If you're not already building an email list for your website, now is the time to start! Sign up for Strikingly today and get more email subscribers today.