The Ultimate Landing Page Builder Guide
The Ultimate Landing Page Builder Guide
A landing page is a standalone web page designed to convert visitors into leads or customers. It is different from other pages on your website because it has a specific goal, such as collecting contact information or promoting a product. In this article, we will discuss how to create an effective landing page using a landing page builder.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is designed to capture the visitor's attention and persuade them to take action. It usually has no navigation menu so the visitor can focus on the content and call-to-action (CTA). A good landing page should have a clear, concise message matching the visitor's intent.
Why Is a Landing Page Important?
A landing page can increase your conversion rate by providing a targeted message and reducing distractions. It also allows you to track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and improve your ROI (return on investment).
What Makes a Great Landing Page?
A great landing page should have the following:
- A clear headline that communicates the value proposition
- Compelling visuals or media that support the message
- A strong call-to-action (CTA) that stands out
- A form or contact information that collects leads
- Social proof, such as testimonials or trust badges
The Benefits of Using a Landing Page Builder
A landing page builder can save you time and money by providing pre-designed templates, drag-and-drop editors, and integrations with other tools. It also allows you to test different variations of your landing pages without coding skills.
Image taken from Strikingly
Anatomy of a Landing Page
1. Headline and Subheadline
The headline and subheadline are the first things visitors see when they land on your page, so they need to be attention-grabbing and informative. Your headline should clearly state your offer, while your subheadline can provide more detail or highlight the benefits of your offer. Remember the keywords you want to target when creating your headline and subheadline. Make sure they appear naturally in your copy without sounding forced.
2. Visuals and Media
Visuals play an important role in capturing visitors' attention and conveying information quickly. Use high-quality images or videos that showcase your product or service in action. Ensure your visuals are relevant to your offer and complement your copy rather than distract from it. Use bullet points or captions to highlight key features or benefits of your offer.
3. Call-to-Action Button
The call-to-action (CTA) button is the most important element on your landing page because it converts visitors into leads or customers. Make sure it stands out visually from the rest of the page and uses clear language that tells visitors exactly what will happen when they click it. Use action-oriented verbs like Get started or Join now to create urgency and motivate visitors to take action.
Image taken from Strikingly
4. Form or Contact Information
Your form or contact information is where visitors provide their personal information in exchange for access to your offer. Please keep it simple by only asking for essential information like name, email address, and phone number.
Make sure your form is easy to fill out by using clear labels and minimizing the required fields. If you choose to include your contact information instead, make sure it's prominently displayed and easy to find.
These essential elements on your landing page create a seamless experience for visitors, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
If you're wondering how to create a landing page that includes all these elements, don't worry. Plenty of free landing page builders are available, making it easy to get started. In the next section, we'll take a closer look at some of the benefits of using a landing page builder and how they can help you create effective landing pages quickly and easily.
Design a Landing Page
Designing a landing page is crucial to the success of any online business. It's important to create a visually appealing page, easy to navigate and optimized for conversions. This section will discuss some key design elements to consider when creating your landing page.
1. Choose the Right Color Scheme
Choosing the right color scheme for your landing page can significantly impact its effectiveness. Colors can evoke emotions and influence behavior, so choosing colors that align with your brand and message is important.
When selecting colors for your landing page, consider the following:
- Use colors that are consistent with your brand.
- Choose colors that complement each other.
- Use contrasting colors to draw attention to important elements.
- Avoid using too many bright or bold colors.
2. Typography Tips and Tricks
Typography is important in web design as it helps communicate information effectively. When designing your landing page, choosing fonts that are easy to read and align with your brand is essential.
Here are some typography tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Choose fonts that are easy to read on all devices
- Use font sizes appropriately - larger fonts for headlines and smaller ones for body text
- Use bold or italicized text sparingly
- Avoid using too many different fonts
Following these typography tips and tricks can create a landing page that is easy to read and visually appealing.
3. Mobile-Friendly Design
With more people accessing websites on mobile devices than ever, ensuring that your landing page is mobile-friendly is essential. A mobile-friendly design ensures that users have a positive experience regardless of their device.
Here are some tips for creating a mobile-friendly landing page:
- Use a responsive design that adjusts to different screen sizes
- Optimize images for faster loading times on mobile devices
- Use larger text and buttons for easier navigation on smaller screens
Designing your landing page with mobile users in mind can ensure you're getting all the potential conversions.
4. Importance Of Page Loading Speed
Here are some tips for improving page loading speed:
- Optimize images and videos for faster loading times.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN) to deliver content faster.
- Minimize HTTP requests by combining files where possible.
Optimizing your landing page for faster loading times can create a better user experience and increase your chances of converting visitors into customers.
Designing a landing page requires careful consideration of various elements such as color scheme, typography, mobile-friendliness, and page loading speed. Following these tips can help you create a landing page that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and optimized for conversions. With the help of a free landing page builder like Strikingly, creating a high-converting landing page has never been easier.
Content Creation For A Landing Page
Landing pages are designed to convert visitors into leads or customers. To achieve this goal, your landing page must have a compelling copy that highlights the benefits and features of your product or service. Additionally, you need to incorporate social proof and implement SEO best practices to increase your chances of ranking higher on search engine results pages (SERPs).
1. Write Compelling Copy
Writing copy for a landing page can be challenging, but it's crucial to get it right. Your headline and subheadline should grab the visitor's attention and communicate what your offer is all about. Use persuasive language that resonates with your target audience and highlights the benefits they'll receive by taking action.
When writing copy, focus on the benefits rather than the features of your product or service. Customers care about benefits because they solve their problems or meet their needs. Use bullet points to break up long paragraphs and make it easier for visitors to scan your content.
2. Highlight Benefits and Features
Your landing page must highlight the benefits and features of your product or service. Benefits motivate people to take action, while features provide additional information about how your offer works. Use clear language that explains how your product or service solves a problem or meets a need. Highlight any unique selling points (USPs) that differentiate you from competitors.
3. Incorporate Social Proof
Social proof is a powerful tool that can help increase conversions on your landing page. Social proof includes customer testimonials, case studies, reviews, ratings, and influencer endorsements. Incorporate social proof throughout your landing page to build trust with visitors and show them that others have had positive experiences with your product or service.
Image taken from Strikingly
4. Implement SEO Best Practices
Implementing SEO best practices can help increase organic traffic to your landing page over time.
- Optimizing meta titles and descriptions
- Using relevant keywords
- Creating high-quality content that provides value to visitors.
Use keyword research tools to identify relevant keywords that your target audience is searching for. Include these keywords in your copy, headlines, and meta tags. Make sure your landing page is mobile-friendly and has a fast loading speed to improve user experience.
A/B Testing And Optimization
A successful landing page drives conversions and generates leads. However, creating a landing page that converts is not a one-time task. You must continuously test and optimize your landing pages to ensure they perform at their best. It is where A/B testing comes in.
What is A/B Testing?
A/B testing, also known as split testing, involves comparing two versions of a landing page to determine which performs better in conversions. The idea is to make small changes to one version of the landing page (the variant) and keep the other version (the control) unchanged. Then, you split your traffic between the two versions and track which generates more conversions.
Choose Metrics to Track
You need to choose the right metrics to track to measure the success of your A/B test effectively. Some common metrics include click-through rates (CTRs), conversion rates, bounce rates, time on page, and revenue generated.
Analyze Data and Making Changes
Once you have collected enough data from your A/B test, it's time to analyze it and make changes accordingly. If the variant outperforms the control, you can permanently implement those changes on your landing page. If not, try making more changes or reverting to the original design.
Tools for A/B Testing and Optimization
There are several tools available for A/B testing and optimization that can help simplify the process for you:
- Google Optimize. It is a free tool by Google that allows you to create and run A/B tests.
- Unbounce. It is a landing page builder with built-in A/B testing capabilities.
- VWO. It is an all-in-one conversion optimization platform that includes A/B testing features.
Using these tools and a free landing page builder like Strikingly, you can create effective landing pages and optimize them for better conversions.
Use Strikingly For Landing Pages
Are you looking for a free landing page builder that is easy to use and produces great results? Look no further than Strikingly! In this section, we will explore the features of Strikingly and guide you through how to create a landing page using this platform.
Strikingly is a website builder that specializes in creating landing pages. It offers a user-friendly interface that allows users to create professional-looking landing pages in minutes. Some of its key features include:
- Drag-and-drop editor. This feature allows you to easily add and arrange different elements on your landing page, such as images, text, and forms.
- Templates. Strikingly offers a variety of templates that are designed specifically for different types of businesses and purposes.
- Mobile-responsive design. All templates are optimized for mobile devices, ensuring your landing page looks great on any screen size.
- Analytics. The platform provides detailed analytics data so you can track the performance of your landing pages.
- Integrations. You can integrate with third-party tools such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and more.
Build A Landing Page On Strikingly
Creating a landing page in Strikingly is simple. Here's how:
1. Sign up for an account on the Strikingly website.
2. Choose a template that suits your needs or start from scratch.
3. Use the drag-and-drop editor to add and customize different elements on your page.
4. Add a call-to-action button or form to capture leads or conversions.
5. Preview your page before publishing it.
Customize Your Design and Layout
One of the benefits of using Strikingly is its flexibility when it comes to design customization. Here are some tips for customizing your design:
- Choose colors that match your brand or the purpose of your landing page. Strikingly offers a color picker tool that makes it easy to choose the right colors.
- Use high-quality images and videos that are relevant to your message.
- Keep the design simple and clean, with plenty of white space.
- Use typography that is easy to read and matches your brand.
Integrate Forms and Contact Information
Forms are essential to any landing page, as they allow you to capture leads or conversions. Strikingly makes adding forms to your landing pages easy, either by using its built-in form builder or by integrating with third-party tools such as Mailchimp or Google Forms.
To add a form:
- Drag and drop the Form element onto your page.
- Customize the fields and form settings.
- Connect the form to your email marketing tool or CRM.
Image taken from Strikingly
As we wrap up our discussion on landing pages, let's take a moment to recap some of the important takeaways. First and foremost, a landing page is a crucial tool for any business looking to convert website visitors into leads or customers. It's important to create a landing page that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and optimized for conversions.
When it comes to choosing a landing page builder, there are many options available. However, not all landing page builders are created equal. Choosing a free landing page builder that offers the features and functionality you need to create an effective landing page is important.
Creating a landing page doesn't have to be complicated. Following the tips and best practices outlined in this article can help you easily create a high-converting landing page that drives results for your business.
At Strikingly, we believe in making it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking website or landing page without any coding experience required. Our free landing page builder offers everything you need to create a stunning and effective landing page in just minutes.
Implementing an effective landing page strategy can significantly impact your business's success. The right tools and following best practices for design and content creation can create a high-converting landing page that drives results for your business. And with Strikingly's free landing page builder, creating a professional-looking landing page has never been easier!