The web is changing rapidly, making it challenging to keep up with the current web design trends. Fortunately, there are numerous website building platforms that can assist you in sorting through the chaos and allowing you to build your own website that will amaze your visitors while also include all of the necessary features.
All that's left to do now is choose the best free website builder for you and get started. If you're not sure if you're up to the task, contact us immediately to know about how to build a website that will take your company to the next level.
Top 5 Best Website Building Platforms
So, how do you choose one of the finest free website builders for your requirements? In this article, we'll look at the advantages and disadvantages of five of the most popular website builders on the market today:
Image is taken from Strikingly
Strikingly is at the far extreme of the website building spectrum, with its all-in-one platform providing everything you need to get started and grow your site. Instead of buying a home, using our website builder is like renting and customizing an apartment in a beautiful building.
- Simple to use - One of Strikingly's main advantages is how simple it is to get your website up and running. All you have to do now is enter your details and select a theme. You still have complete control over the appearance, updating, and upkeep of your website. You, on the other hand, have no control over its technological structure.
- Reasonable pricing - For $192 a year, you can create and manage three websites instead of one, giving it an excellent value for money.
- Exceptionally, we provide customer service 24/7 via live chat and email.
- In less than 20 minutes, you may start a blog, website, or eCommerce site.
- Every week, new features are launched.
- There is no coding knowledge required.
Image is taken from WordPress
WordPress is at the top of this best website building software list because of its popularity, scalability, and ease of use for even novice website builders. The software is free to download, but you'll need to pay for a WordPress hosting account or find another host to get your site online. It may appear difficult, but it isn't really that difficult.
- Provides comprehensive control over all aspects of your website.
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality.
- Free to download and use.
- Can be used for a range of sites, including e-commerce, forums, and blogging.
- A large selection of WordPress themes.
Over 50,000 free plugins.
- There is a modest learning curve for individuals who have never used the internet before.
- You'll need to choose a hosting service or pay extra.
- You'll have to manually keep up with WordPress updates.
Image is taken from Wix
For many budget-conscious website building customers, Wix is the preferred platform. It is free to use and design your website, and they also provide free hosting; however, unless you pay for a premium plan, your site will bear the Wix logo throughout. Wix makes it simple to use hundreds of pre-made templates, and anyone with even a basic understanding of computers can get started.
- It's free to use, and it comes with free hosting.
- A large number of website themes that anyone may use.
- The flexibility to customize the look and feel of your website.
- Drag-and-drop web design.
- Wix advertising is embedded throughout the Free and Connect Domain plans, and you'll have to upgrade to a premium plan to eliminate them.
- Even if you use the Connect Domain plan, you'll still have to pay for your domain name somewhere else.
Image is taken from Shopify
One of the most popular solutions for e-commerce experts is Shopify. They've mastered the online store, and it's really simple to integrate your stuff and start selling. They use a third-party hosting service, and all upgrades and backups are handled automatically. Although users can opt to install their own payment system, there is also an integrated payment solution.
- Simple drag-and-drop interface.
- Powerful e-commerce facilities such as inventory management, payment management, and sales analytics.
- Hundreds of templates and designs to select from, all of which may be customized.
- Simple WordPress integration for the best of both worlds.
- Can be costly for new users.
- Difficult to migrate your site to a new platform in the future.
Image is taken from GoDaddy
GoDaddy is most recognised for its domain name and hosting services, as well as its Super Bowl ads. The application is easy to use and can create professional-looking web pages. They offer a number of extensions and plug-ins, such as Getty Photography photo galleries, that you can utilize on your website.
- Easy to use with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Work on your website while on the move with your tablet or smartphone.
- Professional image library saves you time looking down stock photographs and paying licensing fees.
- If you already use GoDaddy for hosting or your domain name, this is an excellent tool to use for your website building.
- Fewer design possibilities to pick from.
- Difficult to migrate your website to WordPress if you need extra functionality later.
Tips for Choosing the Best Website Builder Software
How do you pick the right website building platform for your project? Here is a short set of guidelines to assist you in making an educated decision.
1. Make a Decision Based on the Principal Function of Your Website
Looking at your goals for creating a website will help you narrow down your options for website builders. While many website builders can accommodate almost any type of website you can imagine, many of them specialize in a certain specialty. For example, the best eCommerce website builder may be intended to accommodate online retailers first and foremost. It has blogging capabilities, but its real strength is in eCommerce. The platform you choose will be determined by the type of website you want to create.
2. Scalability and Cost-Effective Pricing
When selecting a company for the website building, consider your budget. Consider free services that will allow you to dip your toes into the world of web design without spending a lot of money if you're just getting started. Strikingly, as one of the finest free website builders, allows you to design nearly any form of website for free. Unlike most platforms that need you to upgrade to a premium account in order to create an online store, Strikingly allows you to begin selling right away with a free account.
However, when comparing different website builders, it's equally crucial to consider scalability. You want your website builder to facilitate expansion if your business website takes off, allowing you to scale up as your company grows.
3. Customization Options
Image is taken from Strikingly
One of the most common critiques about website builders is that they can result in a generic-looking website. The greatest website building provider handles this issue by giving you a lot of control over how you customize your pages. Even if you're using a template for building a website, you should be able to customize certain design elements and features to fit your brand. A decent website builder should offer an easy-to-use platform that allows customers to change the look of their websites without writing a single line of code.
4. Third-Party App Integration That Works Seamlessly
Third-party app integrations, such as SoundCloud, Google Docs, and Facebook, are available in most website builders. These integrations can improve the operation of your site and the user experience for your visitors. To ensure a flawless experience, find out what kind of third-party apps your website builder can support. Strikingly, for example, has an integrated live chat function that allows you to connect with consumers in real-time. Stripe, Paypal, AliPay, and WeChat Pay are among the secure payment gateways it can support. Third-party apps may be available solely for premium accounts on some platforms but not for free websites. Some platforms may additionally charge a transaction fee for purchases made on their platform.
Steps to Creating an Eye-Catching Website With Strikingly
Image is taken from Strikingly
You can now start to work on a website building that will appeal to your target audience, armed with a comprehensive collection of tools and the best free web design software. To get you started, here's a brief and easy guide to online web design.
1. Sign up for a Free Account With a Trustworthy Website Builder
The goal is to find a website builder that provides excellent value for money. Even if you are creating a free website, you want to make sure that you have access to as many elements as possible in order to establish a fully effective site. Strikingly, for example, allows you to create a variety of websites, including an online store, which is a premium option in most other website builders.
2. Choose a Website Design Template
Image is taken from Strikingly
A range of well-designed and mobile-friendly templates is available from Strikingly. All you have to do now is pick a template and get started developing your website.
3. Come up With a Unique Name for Your Website
When you use Strikingly for your website building, you may choose a free domain name for it. Avoid utilizing special characters in your website name and choose a name that is easy to remember. The domain name for most company websites is their company name, while others choose a term or key phrase that is commonly connected with their content.
4. Develop Your Content
When it comes to establishing your online identity, content reigns supreme. Your website copy must be compelling enough to pique their interest in only a few seconds. Create material that is concise but powerful, conversational but educational.
5. Publish Your Website
Finally, before hitting the Publish button, make sure you test all of your website's links and plugins. Test your site on a variety of browsers and devices to ensure that the user experience is consistent regardless of the visitor's platform or environment. You can start marketing your content and adjusting your website design to stay up with audience feedback once you've published your website.
Strikingly, a leading website builder is all about empowering people to share their ideas with the world through well-designed, one-of-a-kind websites. Our free website design services are used by over three million entrepreneurs, small businesses, creatives, and students from all over the world. Our custom website design templates make it easy for amateurs to construct websites, allowing them to compete with larger local firms. Armed with a complete array of tools and the best free web design software, you can immediately begin working on website design and development that will appeal to your target audience.