These days, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a website that doesn’t contain some kind of form or another. Businesses create a website form to let users accomplish certain tasks - sign up for a newsletter, complete a purchase or pay for a service. Online forms drive most digital marketing campaigns so they have to be able to entice visitors to provide the site with the information it is asking for.
But how do you attract customers to answer your online form and give you the data you need? You need to create a user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing form. Great form design can only come from a reliable website forms builder.
As a leading website builder, Strikingly provides tools and app integrations that enable users to create fully-functional and feature-rich websites that fulfill various digital marketing objectives. Add a new section to your Strikingly website to create a website form for signups or to enable your visitors to leave a message. Alternatively, you can embed a third-party web form builder to your website through the Strikingly app store.
Choosing a website form creator
With several different platforms that let you create form for website, how do you make the right choice? Online form builders vary in terms of the features and services that they apply but in general, you want to look for the following characteristics in the app that you choose:
- Low startup cost - ideally, you want to be able to use this form builder for free. Strikingly’s website form creator is available free of charge. But if you need to get a third-party app for this purpose, make sure to shop around and learn more about what these platforms can offer.
- Ease of use - your selected web form builder shouldn’t leave you wondering how you’re supposed to create a custom form on its platform. Make sure the app makes it easy to integrate your form with your website.
- Customization - you may want a specific look and feel for your forms websites. Have a look at each platform’s templates and features and find out just how flexible the form builder can be in supporting customizations
- Customer support - one of the challenges of DIY form building is that you basically have to rely on yourself to create form for website.
Best practices for boosting conversions with form websites
1. Keep it simple and straightforward
People are less likely to answer forms that ask for too much information. Increase your conversion rate when you create a website form by reducing the form fields to the bare minimum. Include only the most important information that your need and don’t add any unnecessary form fields that might tire your customer out.
2. Single column form layouts work better
When you’re doing multi-step forms websites should adopt a single column layout to make the form user-friendly. This type of layout is also easier to understand and complete. Visitors do not want to waste their time trying to understand how to use your form.
3. Add inline form field validation
One of the most frustrating things about completing a form is getting stuck when you accidentally enter the wrong information type or format. With inline form field validation, the user’s information is reviewed as the user goes through the form. For instance, when you enter an incomplete credit card information, you automatically get an error message beside the form field prompting you to correct the error.
4. Create a clear form title
When you create a website form, it’s important to also assign a clear title to it to ensure that users understand what they will receive upon completion and submission of the form.