Music is the essence of human emotions. It takes great passion and talent to build a music company and spread the joy of sound. Today, every industry is highly competitive, and music is not an exception. Just talent is not sufficient to stay in business. You need a great music producer website to promote your brand and gain customers.
Why do music companies need producer websites?
The internet has made it possible for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to compose or even copy a song and post it on social media. There are so many high-school and college goers who try their hand at music. How would you differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd? The best way to build a professional image around your music production company is to have a dedicated producer's website for your production house.
There will be a huge difference in the way your potential customers perceive you when you send them your website link, compared to a Soundcloud link. It improves your credibility and attracts clients of a higher profile. Your existing customers will also appreciate the usefulness of a website in the ease of consuming your music, and there are more chances of developing brand loyalty.
Just like you invest in your recording studio and equipment, a website is also an essential investment that will pay you back very soon. And, the good news is that you can get your website up and running on Strikingly by spending just 30 minutes of your time, and totally free of cost.
Essentials in music producer websites
To make successful music producer websites, you need to add the following elements to your website.
- Right theme. Theme refers to every styling on your website, be it font, colors, images, or layout. Put some thought into choosing your music producer backgrounds. Get a good music producer logo designed for your company. Focus on these small but important things.
- Easy navigation. Most beat-selling companies offer music of different genres. But, your users may have a preference for a particular genre, and the website should make it easy to navigate to their favorite genre, without having to search for it. Remember, the first lesson in UX is that the user should not have to think about how to do something.
- Online music store. You cannot create a beat selling website without this element. Integrate Strikingly’s store section into your producer website and start selling your albums and singles. You can easily sell digital products on Strikingly, and take payment through multiple channels such as PayPal, Stripe, WeChat, AliPay, etc.
- Multilingual site. Music doesn’t have language barriers. Using Strikingly, build your multilingual site and take your music to every nook and corner of the world.
- Discount coupons. Show attractive discount coupons on your homepage, to encourage your visitors to become buyers. You can use Strikingly’s pop-up window to show these discounts, and it is sure to lure music lovers on a tight budget.
- Soundcloud integration. There is no musician or music company that doesn’t have a SoundCloud profile. Link it to your website, and let the user listen to some sample compositions of your production house. And, don’t worry about the integration bit. Strikingly have you got covered.
- Social media feed. Show your users how active you are on your social media pages, by integrating social media feeds from Twitter, Facebook, etc. on your website. This will also get you more engagement on your social media profiles.
- Email newsletter. Though social media is indispensable in the digital marketing strategy of any business, it is highly volatile. We all know what happened with Orkut. But, email marketing is here to stay. Moreover, you will have to fight with a hundred distractions on social media to get the attention of your user. Reaching out to people regularly through email newsletters gets you the focus easily, and also keeps you fresh in your users’ memories.
- Custom domain email. You can take your email marketing to another level by having a custom domain address. Clients and buyers are more likely to respond positively to a business that communicates from its custom domain email rather than a generic one like Gmail. It makes you look professional and conveys that you are serious about what you are doing.
- Bio page. This is a must-have for any music website, and more so for producer websites. As a music producer, you need media attention. Most music and entertainment journalists take their content from your website and particularly from your bio page. Make sure you are discussing the journey of your company, and what your motto is. Add all your achievements such as awards and sales records. Your bio-page will act as your electronic media kit.
- Blog. Blogs are a great way of engaging with the audience and also improving SEO for producer websites. Search engines cannot index your audio and video files on the website. You need to have a lot of relevant text content if you want to get found on the first page of Google. And, the best way to add such text content is to publish at least one blog a week. You can write about anything ranging from your favorite albums to the latest techniques in sound production and mixing.
- Sell Merchandise. Any business should have multiple revenue channels. Don’t depend only on your music. Start monetizing your brand name by selling t-shirts, coffee mugs, pillow covers, and whatnot. Music fans in general and millennials to be specific are interested in showing off their loyalty to a sports team or band through such merchandise.
What NOT to do on a music website
- Though your users are coming to your platform to basically listen to your music, don't start playing unless they click the play button. Many users may be accessing your site from a public place and blaring music as soon as entering a website will raise your bounce rate.
- It is always good to have some videos on producer websites, instead of just music files. But, make sure you don’t add too many heavy files to your site, since it may cause the website to slow down and the user may get impatient.
- Asking people to share their email ids, or share or like your social media profiles in exchange for a free music download is a great idea. But don’t overdo it by making it mandatory. Let the user choose not to share his information if he prefers. Eventually, they will come around and share their data with you.
Examples of producer websites
Many top-notch music companies depend on Strikingly to host their producer websites. Check out the following hand-picked music producer website designs, and we are sure you will get inspired to create one for yourself.
Hindley Street Country Club
This producer website has got all the required elements to serve what its users want. There is clear navigation at the top, an advertisement for an upcoming show on the landing page, an online store to sell digital products and merchandise, a media tool kit, email newsletter opt-in, etc. You name it, they have it.
Image taken from Strikingly user’s website.
This producer website stays true to its target audience, and the theme of the website reflects the same. Hailing from Japan, the producer has taken into consideration the cultural aspects and chosen the right music template from Strikingly. The colors, layout, fonts, etc. are appealing and convert the target audience quickly.
Image taken from Strikingly user’s website.
Mead The Band
This Viennese rock band has a classic themed website. The content of the website is so simple, but at the same time, it speaks to the user directly. The ‘Mead the Team’ section is special here and helps the audience to relate to the musicians instantly. An added advantage is that the producer group and the individual artist can both symbiotically benefit from each other’s online fan followings. The band has made good use of social media integrations at the bottom of the page to improve engagement on both website and social media.
Image taken from Strikingly user’s website.
Build your producer website with Strikingly
Now that we have gone through the must-have features in music producer websites and some top producer website examples, please don’t exhaust yourself by worrying about how to build such a rich website. All you need to think about is the content of your website, and you can leave the technicalities under the care of your producer website builder - Strikingly. Starting from the design of the website to hosting it on a server and maintaining it, Strikingly will guide you throughout your website building journey.
Image taken from Strikingly website.
Our collection of music producer website templates makes your task so easy that you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience in building producer websites. Just select the template you like, and fill in the contents of your website. Add or remove any sections that you want, such as store, social media integration, payment gateways, email newsletter, etc. Buying your custom domain name and sending newsletters from your domain is easier than ever with Strikingly.
With the help of a robust support system consisting of both documentation and happiness officers, you will be able to launch your professional-looking producer website in a matter of minutes.