Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many industries have told their employees to start working from home. Although this approach has many benefits, we can admit that we need to have the right mindsets and consistency to stay productive. We all need to adapt, and we are adjusting three years after the pandemic hit. However, things have started to return to normal, and people are returning to their offices. Whether you have returned to your office or are working remotely, you must learn how to increase productivity to be successful.
In the ever-changing world of work, it's vital to stay ahead of the curve and be productive. Whether an entrepreneur or a business owner, you must learn how to improve productivity and get more done with less effort.
How to Increase Productivity at Workplaces?
1) Set Clear Goals and Prioritize Tasks
You can learn how to increase productivity by getting things done efficiently and effectively. To do this, you need to set clear goals and prioritize your tasks. The first step to increasing productivity has a clear plan. What is it that you want to achieve? Once you know your goal, you can start setting smaller goals to help you achieve it.
Image taken from Strikingly User’s Website
Once you have your goals set, it's time to start prioritizing your tasks. Not all tasks are created equal; some will be more important than others. Figure out the most important tasks and start working on them first.
2) Take Active Breaks
When we are in the zone and focused on a project, it can be easy to forget to take breaks. But studies have shown that taking regular intervals can improve our productivity.
If you have just started your professional career, you must understand that you cannot spend your entire office time looking at your computer screen. There comes a time when your body needs a break to get things back on track.
Active breaks are a great way to stay refreshed and increase productivity throughout the day. Taking a walk, running, doing some physical activity, or even doing some stretches at your desk can help you stay focused and productive.
Hence, the next time you feel overwhelmed or bogged down by work, you must take an active break instantly. Active breaks are essential for you to get back on track.
3) Reduce Distractions
If you want to increase productivity in your workplace, it is essential to reduce distractions. One way to do this is to set up a dedicated workspace where you can focus on your work. This approach might mean setting up a home office or making sure you have a quiet place to work at the office.
Another way to reduce distractions is to limit the amount of time you spend on non-work activities. For example, if you know you spend too much time checking social media, set a timer and only allow yourself to check it for a few minutes each day. Similarly, if you spend too much time on indoor activities, such as table tennis, you can minimize your time and use it to focus on your tasks.
Finally, batch similar tasks together so that you can get into a flow state and focus on what you're doing. For instance, if you need to make some phone calls, do them all at once instead of spreading them throughout the day.
4) Optimize Your Workspace
If you want to maximize productivity at work, it's crucial to have a comfortable and conducive workspace. Here are some tips for optimizing your workspace and increasing productivity:
- Make sure your desk is comfortable: If you're constantly hunching over or straining to reach your keyboard, it will only lead to fatigue and frustration.
- Invest in a good chair: You'll be spending a lot of time sitting down, so it's essential to have a comfortable and supportive chair.
- Keep your workspace clean and organized: A cluttered desk will only lead to distraction and frustration. Since you are a business owner, you must take time to declutter and maintain consistency regularly.
- Personalize your space: Make sure your workspace reflects your personality and makes you comfortable. Adding personal touches can help you feel more relaxed and motivated while working.
5) Manage Your Time Effectively
Assuming you have a reasonable amount of control over your schedule, one of the best things you can do for your productivity is to manage your time effectively. It means using your time wisely and not letting it distract you. Here are a few key things to keep in mind when it comes to time management:
- Make sure you're using your time wisely: If you find yourself constantly getting sidetracked or wasting time on tasks that could be more productive, take a step back and reassess how you're spending your days. It is essential to be mindful of how you're using your time so that you can make the most of it.
Image taken from Strikingly User’s Website
- Feel free to delegate or outsource: One of the biggest mistakes people make when managing their time is trying to do everything themselves. If you're feeling overwhelmed by your workload, feel free to ask for help from others. Delegating tasks can help you free up your time, which you can allocate to other important aspects of your business.
- Learn to say "no": Another common mistake people make is saying "yes" to every request that comes their way, even if it's something they don't have time for. If you constantly take on more than you can handle, learn to say "no" more often. This approach will help you focus on the critical tasks and avoid getting spread too thin.
6) Use Technology Wisely
In today's day and age, technology is a massive part of our lives. It is hard to imagine a world without it. Entrepreneurs take advantage of innovative technological advancements to complete their tasks efficiently. However, with all the benefits of technology, there are also some downfalls. One of the biggest downfalls is that it can be a huge distraction.
If you find yourself constantly getting sucked into social media or checking your personal email when you should be working, then you need to find ways to use technology wisely. Here are some tips to maximize productivity through technology:
- Set limits for yourself: Decide how much time you will spend on non-work-related activities daily. Once that time is up, force yourself to stop and focus on work.
- Get rid of distractions: If certain websites or apps you know will distract you, get rid of them or block them while trying to work.
- Take breaks: Take one when you feel like you need a break from work. However, you must ensure it is a proper break where you're not looking at screens or doing anything work-related. Get up, grab a snack, or chat with a coworker.
7) Take Good Care of Your Health
To be productive at work, you must take care of your health. It means eating healthy, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep.
You can only increase productivity if you're feeling well. Eating a nutritious diet will give you the energy you need to power through your workday. Doing exercise will help you to maintain your focus on your tasks. Moreover, getting enough sleep will help you recharge to be at your best the next day.
Hence, you must take care of yourself if you want to boost your productivity at work. Eat right, exercise, and get plenty of rest. Your body and mind will thank you, and so will your employers.
8) Delegate More Effectively
To delegate more effectively, you must understand what tasks can and cannot. Once you know this, you can empower yourself more effectively by clearly communicating your expectations and providing adequate support.
The best approach is to take up routine tasks and leave the complex tasks or the ones that require your expertise. If you feel that specific tasks are time-sensitive, you must avoid them at all costs.
9) Get Organized
The key to increasing productivity at work is to stay organized. Having an organized approach enables you to understand what and when your tasks need to be done. This strategy makes it easier to focus on your work and get things done efficiently. Here are some of the tips that will help you get organized:
- Use a planner or calendar to keep track of your tasks and deadlines. This tactic will help you stay on top of your work and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Establish a system for taking care of your paperwork. This tactic will help you find what you need quickly and avoid wasting time searching for things.
- Keep your workspace clean and clutter-free. An untidy desk can be distracting and can make you lose focus. Therefore, take some time each day to tidy up your space.
- Make a list of things that need to be done each day. This list will help you prioritize your tasks and make sure that you're making progress on your goals.
- Take some time each week to plan for the upcoming week. This approach will help you stay ahead of the game and avoid last-minute scrambling.
10) Complete Tasks That You Hate
Among all the tasks we do, there are always specific tasks we dread approaching. Whether they are time-consuming or not in your expertise, the best thing is to do it before anything else. Many people would disagree because they tend to complete more manageable tasks before approaching difficult ones. However, you can increase productivity for the rest of the day if you eliminate the problematic tasks earlier in the day.
Dealing with complex tasks can help you to increase productivity because you are still out of fuel. If you have not done anything before your difficult task, it will help you channel the maximum energy toward it and get it done earlier than you predicted. Finishing the complicated tasks will help you maximize productivity for the rest of the day because you will have some relaxation going into the remaining tasks.
Maximize Productivity on Strikingly
The best way to maximize productivity is by relying on a quality website builder like Strikingly. Strikingly is a professional website builder specializing in online portfolios, online galleries, eCommerce websites, visual events, and more. We provide you with the best web services to boost your marketing and branding strategies.
Having a business website helps you maximize productivity and improve customer engagement. Strikingly is an easy-to-use website-building platform that allows various entrepreneurs, professionals, and business owners to establish an online presence. We provide easy-to-use website templates for the type of websites you want to create. We provide our users with responsive templates, meaning their websites can be accessed across desktop and mobile devices.
As we look ahead to the year 2023, we must learn how to increase productivity in the workplace. You can ensure you are as productive and efficient as possible by following relevant tips. From breaking down tasks into smaller chunks to taking regular breaks throughout the day, there are plenty of ways to increase productivity and get more jobs done in less time. With a bit of dedication and effort, you can transform yourself into an unstoppable powerhouse.
Learning ways to increase productivity doesn't mean you should stay busy all the time. Sometimes, you can be highly productive in a limited period, which can be pivotal to your work rather than spending hours doing nothing to stay busy. Relying on a quality website builder, such as Strikingly, you don't just maximize productivity but also share it with the rest of your team. Contact our Happiness Officers today if you need help building a professional website on our platform.