Real estate photography is the art of capturing a property's best angles and making it look irresistible to potential buyers or renters. It's not just any photography. Real estate photography is a specialized field that requires a keen eye for detail, a knack for composition, and a mastery of lighting techniques.
Real estate photography aims to make a property stand out from the competition and create a strong first impression. After all, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. And when it comes to selling or renting a property, that first impression can be the difference between a quick sale or a lengthy wait on the market.
Real estate photographers are the magicians who turn a dull and drab property into a captivating visual masterpiece. They understand the importance of showcasing a property's unique features and highlighting its best attributes. These pros know how to manipulate light and perspective to create aesthetically pleasing and informative images.
The images produced by a real estate photographer are what makes potential buyers or renters fall in love with a property before they even set foot inside. These images are used in website property listings, brochures, and other marketing materials. They can decide whether a property sells or sits on the market for months.
Real estate photography is no small feat. It's a crucial part of the marketing process for any property sale or rental. If you're looking to sell or rent a property, don't skimp on the photography. Invest in a professional and watch the magic happen.
First Impressions in Selling a Home: Why is it Important?
Before potential buyers even step through your front door, they will likely have already seen photos of your property online. That's why making a strong first impression with high-quality, professional real estate photography is crucial. In fact, according to a study by the National Association of Realtors, 97% of homebuyers use the internet to search for homes, and photos are the first thing they look at.
Imagine if you just met sometone and you want this person to like you. What do you do? You dress to impress, put your best food forward, and show how likeable you are. Likability is a portal that opens up emotional connections between your real estate and your potential buyers. Emotions are what drives sales, and if your prospective buyer likes what they see on your real estate photos, you are more likely to engage with you and your property.
Image taken from Strikingly
As they say, first impressions always last. And the first impression happens not when your buyer enters your property’s front door. It starts with the real estate photographs that they see on your property listing online.
Professional Real Estate Photography: Make Your Property Stand Out
Professional real estate photographers are experts at capturing your property's best features and making them look their absolute best. They know how to use lighting, composition, and angles to create visually stunning images to make your listing stand out. And with the right real estate website templates and real estate templates, those photos can be showcased in a way that makes potential buyers want to schedule a showing.
The Power of Real Estate Photography
It's true that most smartphones today come equipped with high-quality cameras that can take decent photos. However, decent isn't good enough when it comes to selling your home. In fact, photos taken with a smartphone often come out looking flat and unprofessional, which can make your property look less appealing to potential buyers.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Real Estate Photographer
This is where professional real estate photographers come in. They have the expertise, equipment, and eye for detail needed to create stunning images that showcase your property's best features. Not only that, but they also know how to stage each shot to make the most of the available light and space, creating an inviting atmosphere that will make potential buyers want to see more.
Hiring a professional real estate photographer may seem like an added expense, but in reality, it's an investment in the sale of your property. According to Redfin, homes that are professionally photographed sell for an average of $3,400-$11,200 more than homes photographed by amateurs.
The Benefits of Using Strikingly for Your Real Estate Listing
Strikingly is a website builder that offers a variety of real estate website templates and tools designed specifically for real estate professionals. With Strikingly, you can create a visually stunning listing that showcases your property in the best possible light.
Image taken from Strikingly
One of the key benefits of using Strikingly for your real estate listing is the ability to create a visually stunning showcase for your property. With high-quality real estate photography and a customizable template, you can create a listing that grabs potential buyers' attention and makes them want to see more.
Strikingly's drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to add and arrange photos, so you can showcase your property's best features in a way that's both visually appealing and informative. You can also add text and other elements to your listing to provide more information about your property, such as its location, features, and amenities.
Here are a few of the features and benefits that make Strikingly a great choice for real estate photography:
- Easy to use. Strikingly's website builder is ridiculously easy to use and requires no coding knowledge. Even if you're new to website design, you can create a professional-looking listing in no time.
- Customizable templates. Strikingly offers a variety of real estate website templates that are fully customizable. You can choose the one that best suits your property and make it your own.
- Mobile-friendly. With more and more people using their smartphones to browse the web, it's essential that your listing looks great on mobile devices. Strikingly's templates are designed to be mobile-friendly, so your listing will look great no matter how it's viewed.
- SEO optimization. Strikingly's templates are optimized for search engines, so your listing is more likely to show up in search results when potential buyers are looking for properties in your area.
Create a Visually Appealing Listing with Strikingly
One platform that can help you create a visually appealing real estate listing is Strikingly. With its customizable real estate website templates, Strikingly makes it easy to showcase your property with stunning visuals and engaging content. Whether you're a real estate photographer looking to create a portfolio or a homeowner looking to sell your property, Strikingly has everything you need to create a standout listing.
Image taken from Strikingly
To create a real estate website on Strikingly that showcases your real estate photography, follow these simple steps:
1. Sign up for a Strikingly account.
Go to the Strikingly website and sign up for a free account. You can upgrade to a paid plan if you need more advanced features.
Strikingly has many real estate website templates to choose from. Pick one that you like and best showcases your real estate photography.
3. Customize your website.
Once you've chosen your template, it's time to customize your website. Add your real estate photography to the website and make sure it's prominently displayed. You can also add other content like property descriptions, contact information, and more.
Make sure to optimize your website for search engines so that potential buyers can find it. Use relevant keywords, include meta descriptions, and make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
5. Launch your website.
Once you've customized your website and optimized it for search engines, it's time to launch it! Share your website with potential buyers and on social media to get the word out.
With these simple steps, you can create a stunning real estate website on Strikingly that showcases your real estate photography and helps you sell your properties.
Tips for Preparing Your Property for a Real Estate Photography Session
If you want your real estate photography session to be a success, it's important to prepare your property beforehand. Here are some tips to help you make your home look its best:
- Declutter and tidy up. Clear out any clutter or personal items that could distract from the property's features. This will make your home look more spacious and inviting.
- Clean and stage. Give your home a deep clean and consider staging it to highlight its best features. This could mean rearranging furniture, adding decor or artwork, or even bringing in some fresh flowers.
- Let in the natural light. Open up curtains and blinds to let in as much natural light as possible. This will create a bright and welcoming atmosphere in your photos.
- Control the artificial light. In addition to natural light, control the artificial light in your home. Turn on all the lights and lamps to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Avoid using fluorescent lights as they can cast a harsh and unflattering light in your photos.
- Pay attention to details. Small details can make a big difference in your real estate photos. Make sure that all the light bulbs are working, the curtains are straight, and the cushions are fluffed. Pay attention to details that could be overlooked but could have a negative impact on the overall look of the photos.
Image taken from Strikingly
- Consider the exterior. The exterior of your home is just as important as the interior. Ensure that the outside of your home is well-maintained, with clean windows, manicured lawns, and a clutter-free yard. You can also add outdoor furniture or potted plants to create an inviting and relaxing outdoor space.
- Take a break. It's important to take a break before the photoshoot to make sure you're not rushing and to take a look at your home with a fresh pair of eyes. This will give you the opportunity to see any potential issues that need to be addressed before the photoshoot. Take a walk outside or grab a cup of coffee to give yourself a chance to relax and refocus.
Tips for Staging Your Home for Best Results
- Highlight unique features. If your home has unique architectural details or features, be sure to highlight them in your photos. This could include a beautiful fireplace, a stunning view, or even an interesting wallpaper pattern.
- Use pops of color. Adding pops of color through decor or accents can add visual interest and help your photos stand out.
- Keep it neutral. While pops of color can be effective, it's also important to keep your decor and furniture neutral. This will create a cohesive and calming atmosphere in your photos.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when Preparing for a Real Estate Photography Session
- Not tidying up. A messy or cluttered home can be a turnoff to potential buyers. Be sure to clean up and put away any personal items or clutter.
- Neglecting curb appeal. Your exterior is just as important as your interior, so be sure to tidy up your yard and add some curb appeal.
- Forgetting about lighting. Good lighting can make or break a photo. Make sure your home is well-lit, both with natural light and artificial lighting, if necessary.
By following these tips, you can create stunning real estate photography that showcases your property's best features.
As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words, and when it comes to selling your home, that couldn't be truer. Real estate photography has the power to make or break a potential buyer's interest in your property. With the abundance of listings available online, it's crucial to stand out, and high-quality photography can help you do just that.
Image taken from Strikingly
In this blog post, we've discussed the importance of real estate photography and how it can make a significant impact on the success of your home sale. We've also explored the benefits of using Strikingly for your listing, which offers a user-friendly platform with stunning templates and features that can help your property shine.
If you're considering selling your home, investing in professional real estate photography and using Strikingly for your listing can make all the difference. Don't settle for mediocre photos taken on a smartphone, and don't let your listing get lost in the sea of other properties.
Stand out, make a strong first impression, and sell your home faster by incorporating high-quality photography and Strikingly into your strategy.