Using the first letter of your first name, come up with three adjectives to describe yourself.
Simple. Solid. Spiky.
People have always needed help with how to describe themselves. Some find it daunting, but it's actually necessary at this point in our time.
Creating a professional bio is not only relevant if you're applying for a job or looking out for new clients. It's also essential to give your audience or potential networks a brief snapshot of who you are, what you stand for, what you can do, and how you can be an asset.
To help guide you on how to write a website bio. We've also included a few bio examples you can check out for inspiration and a few recommended professional bio templates to help you create a kick-ass website bio.
What is a Website Bio: Definition
A website bio is a written account of a person's life published on a website. It is your way to share information about yourself with others, including your background, education, work experience, and accomplishments.
Website bios are often used by professionals, like yourself, as a way to network and connect with others in your industry and showcase your skills and experience to potential employers. You can also use them to share personal information, such as hobbies and interests, with friends and family. Typical websites will have their website bios on the About Us page of their professional websites or blogs or on their social media pages.
Before you learn how to start a website bio, you should first ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is my target audience?
- What is the goal of your website bio?
Answers to these questions will give you a general direction of how your bio will look, and it will be easier for you to know how to write a website bio.
A website bio can be a valuable tool for anyone who wants to share information about themselves online, whether for personal or professional purposes. It is a way to create an online presence and establish yourself as an expert in a particular field. Ultimately, a website bio is a way for you to share your stories and connect with others through the power of the internet.
Why You Need a Website Bio
The primary purpose of your website is to give your audience a snapshot of who you are. More than that, here are a few reasons why you might need how to write a website bio:
1. To establish your online presence and create a professional image
Learning how to write website bio can help you create a professional online presence and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
2. To share information about yourself with others
If you know how to write a website bio, you have a great way to share information about yourself with others, including your background, education, work experience, and accomplishments.
3. To network and connect with others
Understanding how to write a professional bio can be a valuable tool for networking and connecting with others in your industry.
4. To showcase your skills and experience
If you learn and understand how to write a professional bio, you can showcase your skills and experience to potential employers.
5. To share personal information with friends and family
A website bio can be a way to share personal information, such as hobbies and interests, with friends and family.
What Elements to Include in Your Website Bio
Here is a list of the elements that you might include in your bio after you learn how to write a website bio:
- Personal information: This could include your name, age, location, and other personal details that you feel comfortable sharing.
- Professional information: This could include your job title, current employer, and relevant education or training.
- Work experience: A list of your past work experience, including the companies you have worked for and your responsibilities at those companies.
- Accomplishments: A list of any notable accomplishments, such as awards or publications.
- Skills and expertise: A list of the skills and expertise that you have developed over the course of your career.
- Hobbies and interests: A list of your hobbies and interests, if you feel comfortable sharing them.
- Contact information: Your email address and/or phone number so that people can get in touch with you.
- Photos: A recent photo of yourself, if you feel comfortable including one. A great headshot would be perfect to add to your bio.
- Links to social media profiles: Links to your social media profiles, if you have them, can also be included in your website bio.
Ultimately, the question is, "how to write a bio?" We're getting there.
How to Write a Website Bio
Now that you know how to write a website bio, you have first to decide the tone that you'll be using, and this depends on the platform where you'll add your bio. You can write the same thing about your bio but in different tones.
For example, you can write from a third party when you write your bio on LinkedIn but write from a first-party perspective while writing your bio on Twitter.
When you write a website bio, however, writing in a third-party tone might sound professional and self-congratulatory. On the other hand, writing from a first-party perspective will make your bio like a personal experience. Again, it all depends on your target audience.
Here is a list of steps you can follow to kickstart your how to write a website bio journey and create a bio using Strikingly website builder:
1. Create an account with Strikingly: Go to Strikingly.com and create an account by providing your email address and creating a password.
2. Choose a template: Select a professional bio template that you like, and that is appropriate for your website bio.
3. Customize your template: You can change the layout, color scheme, and fonts to match your personal style.
4. Add your personal information: Add your personal information, including your name, age, location, and any other relevant details.
5. Add your professional information: Add your professional information, including your job title, current employer, and any relevant education or training.
6. Add your work experience: Add a list of your past work experience, including the companies you have worked for and your responsibilities at those companies.
7. Add your accomplishments: Add a list of any notable accomplishments, such as awards or publications.
8. Add your skills and expertise: Add a list of the skills and expertise that you have developed over the course of your career.
9. Add your hobbies and interests: Add a list of your hobbies and interests, if you feel comfortable sharing them.
10. Add your contact information: Add your email address and/or phone number, so that people can get in touch with you.
11. Add photos: Add a recent photo of yourself, if you feel comfortable including one.
12. Add links to social media profiles: Add links to your social media profiles, if you have them, to your website bio.
13. Preview and publish your website bio: Preview your website bio to make sure it looks the way you want it to, and then publish it by clicking the "Publish" button.
Professional Bio Examples
We've prepared a list of professional bio examples for you to check out as inspiration.
Antoine Rangotte is a graphic designer, marketing communications manager, communications specialist, and communications manager. His website bio includes the following:
- Number of diplomas
- Distance traveled outside of France
- Number of modules completed
- List of his professional experience
- Graphic design samples
- His hobbies
It was done in bright colors that perfectly complement his core skill. It's a perfect bio examples for anyone working with graphics and who wants to showcase their portfolio.
Ashmith is a freelance designer and SEO specialist. His landing page includes a few sentences introducing himself and a CTA button for his potential clients. His website bio includes the following:
- How he started as a website designer
- Services he offered
- His work process
- His web design philosophy
- A blog -- where he shares relevant content related to websites, web design, and SEO
- A portfolio
- A contact form
- Links to his social media channels
His web design philosophy is evident in his website. His website is one of the great bio examples that showcase the philosophy of his work.
Rosa Villa is a passionate artist and likes to do art, handmade crafts, and design. She creates sensory books, illustrates children's stories, creates unique pieces for special events, and creates portraits. Her portfolio includes the following:
- An About Me page
- List of her services
- Her portfolio
- Contact section that includes her email, phone number, link to her Facebook profile, and Twitter
The colors and logo perfectly illustrate her playful nature. This is one of the nicest bio examples for anyone who loves colors
Strikingly Professional Bio Templates
Learning how to write a professional bio and building up your bio can be a lot of work. To save you time, here are a few suggested templates from our website builder you can use to start:
1. Karin Blanco
Image taken from Strikingly
This template is perfect if you have huge, high-resolution images that you want to showcase.
2. Melissa Bio
Image taken from Strikingly
This is a simple one-page bio that contains buttons that links to either other pages of your website or social media channels. This is perfect for Instagram or Tiktok if you plan to say, "link in bio."
Image taken from Strikingly
This professional bio template features a headshot on top and is perfect for a professional website bio example.
Image taken from Strikingly
This is another professional bio template we recommend you get if you want to establish trust among your clients.
You can also choose other professional website bio templates from our platform and choose which one strikes your fantasy.
In conclusion, learning how to write a website bio and having a professional website bio can be extremely beneficial if you want to establish yourself as an expert in your field, network with others, and showcase your skills and experience. A website bio allows you to share information about yourself and your accomplishments in a concise and organized manner and can be a great way to create an online presence and build a professional image.
Learning how to write a website bio is also a helpful tool if you're looking for a job. It can help you stand out from the competition and showcase your qualifications to potential employers. Overall, a professional website bio is valuable for anyone looking to share information about themselves and connect with others online.
Ready to build your own website bio? Sign up today.