Studies show that one in 20 searches is related to health and wellness and with over a billion searches made on Google every day, that amounts to about 200 million searches on this topic alone every 24 hours. This poses a challenge for wellness websites to serve relevant and helpful content to users.
You’re missing out on a huge opportunity to reach your target audience without a proper content plan for your wellness website. How do you build content for health and wellness websites? Here are some tips to get you off to a good start.
1. Know your audience group
Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Identify a niche audience and an area of expertise and stick to it. If your business is providing yoga classes, for instance, don’t write about diets and other exercise regimes. Create wellness website content around the topic that you know best. This is the best way to build your brand as a reliable source of information. Understand your target audience and find out what they like to read. Research on the keywords they typically use to search for you. The best wellness websites serve up content that readers are actively looking for. Listen to what your traffic data tells you. The most popular pages on your website can clue you in on the kind of topics that your audience finds interesting.
2. Learn more about trending topics
The internet is a rich source of trends on health and wellness. Creating health wellness website content regularly allows you to weigh in on the most popular topics that are trending on the web. It is a great opportunity to express your professional knowledge on these topics and also address common misconceptions to educate the public.
3. Tell stories through your blogs
Strikingly’s collection of modern health and wellness website templates are designed to suit every type of content requirements. You can expand your site to include a regular blog through Simple Blog, providing you with a platform where you can tell stories and appeal to your reader’s emotions.
Storytelling is a vital component of content marketing for the health and wellness niche. Stories that appeal to the reader’s emotions can have an impact on how your customers respond to your brand.
Ready to start building your wellness website’s content? Here are some content marketing ideas:
- Opinion pieces - react on trending topics related to your field of expertise. Provide your own opinions and make sure to back them up with solid research to make them credible.
- Podcasts and short videos - videos make it easier to explain certain concepts that may be difficult to describe in plain text. Short training sessions or food preparation techniques, for instance, will need actual video demonstrations to be effective.
- Success stories - testimonials from previous clients are the best form of advertising that your brand can get.
- Case studies - these usually include a more in-depth story of a client’s success story. It covers what has been tried in the past, why previous health strategies didn’t work and what makes your own brand of health and wellness regime different and more effective in the end.
- Interviews - similar to testimonials, you can build more on customer reviews by directly asking clients or potential clients about how your brand can help or has helped them in the past.
- Day in the life of your staff - make your brand more relatable by producing video content on your staff and what a day at your business premises looks like. You can also have your staff answer most common questions that potential customers might have. For instance, if you provide yoga lessons, a popular question would be: Can I do yoga while pregnant?