Any photographer worth his salt requires more than just a claim that he can take good pictures. He needs photographer websites to show potential clients just how good he is at capturing those precious moments and bringing out the best in his subjects through still images. If you’re looking to build a career in photography, an online portfolio can help you present your best works and your unique talent to the world.
Photographer websites for digital marketing
Websites for photographers serve as professional business cards. When done right, they can be an effective way for you to build your brand and create a good impression with potential clients. Your online portfolio can also serve other purposes:
- E-commerce tool - you can use your photographer website to sell your work online. Strikingly has an e-commerce platform that you can add to your website to create a platform for customers to transact with you through the internet. Simply add Simple Store to your site, upload your products and set up a payment gateway through Strikingly’s app store and you’re all set.
- Scheduling tool - convert your photographers websites into a scheduling or appointment tool. Integrate a scheduling app to your site so you can easily book clients. It also makes your services more accessible to customers if you give them a way to book a slot with you. On Strikingly, use the HTML section to add an appointment app integration like SetMore.
- Digital marketing tool - creating a website for photographers lets you build your brand and communicate with your audience easily. At the core of a digital marketing campaign, a website consolidates all your social media and search marketing initiatives, combining all your content in a single platform for your customers to see.
Avoid the pitfalls of building a photographer website
Having said that, choosing the best website builder for photographers can help ensure that your website fulfills your objectives. Site builders enable you to launch an online portfolio without the need to write code or learn website design. You’re equipped with the right set of tools including photographer website templates so you can build feature-rich websites that effectively showcases your talent to your target market.
Here are a few more tips and tricks on how to create engaging and free websites for photographers:
- Use a good template - the right choice of website template ensures that you bring out the best in your website. To help you with your search, Strikingly groups its collection of web templates into categories with each layout serving a specific purpose. You can also preview an example of the template before committing to it.
- Build content to engage your audience - keep your website updated with fresh content to keep your visitors hooked. Content can be anything from stories behind your shoots to the latest projects you have completed. Learn what your target audience looks for in a website for photographers and aim to deliver that and more.
- Connect to socials - another trick to keep your website content updated is to connect your photographer website to your social stream. This enables you to update your website every time you put up a post on your social media accounts. Sharing your website on social media is also a good way to boost traffic to your site. Conversely, adding a social feed can also help increase your following on social media, directing audiences from your website to your social pages.
- Add an email subscription option - keep your followers in the loop by encouraging newsletter sign ups on your website but take care not to ask for too much information on your email subscription form.