Nowadays, the thought of having a website of your own is becoming more and more appealing. In fact, if you’re an entrepreneur, creating a website for your business is a must if you want to expand your clientele and capture the interest of your target market. Websites aren’t limited to business ventures as well, as there has been an increasing number of websites for personal use. After all, isn’t this the era of shameless personal branding? With the help of Strikingly, setting up your first website would be really easy, so the question that is commonly asked is, “how to promote your website?” or better yet, “how to promote website pages free of cost?” Now, there are several ways to advertise your website for free. And that’s what we’ll be discussing here. Ready? Let’s get started.
A good domain sets the tone for your whole website. Sometimes, it’s as good as promoting website pages itself. Need help registering a domain? Strikingly offers a simple solution here. The good news is, you can even integrate G Suite into your domain or have separate domains for each site. Now, a few things to consider when picking a name are:
- Pronunciation - it must be easy to pronounce; don’t use complicated names and also avoid misspellings
- Keywords - it should contain keywords that are relevant to what products and services you are offering
- Stickiness - it must be easy to remember; simplicity is critical in promoting website
- Length - shorter is better than longer, as this makes the time to search or type your URL easier for the user
- Think long term - as your business grows, so does the brand; make sure to think long term about what your name would be (something that is flexible as your brand evolves)
Web promote should be as easy as choosing a good template for your website to sit on. We at Strikingly want you to make the most of how to advertise your website for free, and we know what a beautiful template can do wonders for promoting website pages. The templates we offer range from minimalist and classic themes to the most elaborate. And so far, we have helped thousands of users from all over the world establish their website from scratch.
Who says you should keep your gorgeous website to yourself? Share them on your social media accounts.
The good news is, Strikingly helps you do so easily. One of the things that can help in promoting website is to make sure it can be seen across as many platforms as possible. With the use of Strikingly’s feature to add live chat via Facebook Messenger, or even integrate it with your Twitter account, this should be as easy as making your morning coffee. By making your accounts as accessible as possible, your customers wouldn’t have to leave the website to check out more information on what your product or service is all about! This way, they can also engage more easily and make web promote free!
- Write Relevant Blogs
What way to boost promoting website pages by none other than having a blog within your site. As they say, “don’t expect to receive when you’re not willing to give.” And in the promote website sphere, this is very much applicable indeed. Not only does giving value to your customers make them more willing to try out your services, but should they like the information in your blog, they could even be loyal readers that will share what they learned with their friends! Talk about how to promote your website for free. Whether you want to share your two cents on how to build a wedding business website or you want to showcase your art online, always make sure that what you blog about is useful and relevant. Who knows, maybe loyal readers will also turn into loyal customers. Isn’t that always a plus?
- Post on Forums Like Quora or Reddit
The more expansive your reach, the better it will be for promoting website pages. Engaging in other platforms such as Quora or Reddit will double or even triple your visibility that will in turn help advertise your primary page. Some users who constantly lurk in forums don’t even know your website exists, so this is a way to put your personal or business website out there. A few tips to keep in mind when posting in forums are:
- Find a good forum - All forums aren’t created equally; some have more regular users than others. Make a background check to find a reputable one for you.
- Curate your profile - It isn’t enough to post good content, but you should also make your profile shine among the rest by carefully curating your “About Me” page.
- Use your signature - Leave out a link to your website whenever you answer questions so readers and potential clients will know what you’re all about. You can also choose to put your contact details so they will know how to reach you.
- Start relevant topics - If you have a business that caters to a niche audience, why not start topics that others will find helpful? By doing so, you would also know your target market and it will be easier to potentially turn them into paying customers.
- Provide quality content - You may include images so that your readers will understand what it is you are trying to convey better. You can also opt to tell a good story to make your answer stand out from the numerous posts out there.
- Respond and engage others - Perhaps the most important of all, see to it that you respond to comments and questions of others in the forum. Responding to existing questions in your niche helps to establish authority and also generate some traffic to your site. Promoting website pages is about getting as many people to interact with you, after all. Don’t keep to yourself and engage in other users of the world wide web.
You might ask, “how does SEO help in promoting my website for free?” There is a lot of information for free on the internet, so you should make sure that yours is what will come out on top of the search list. Do you know that there are approximately 3.5 billion searches conducted on Google? What makes your website stand out is by optimizing SEO usage. Proper use of SEO helps boost your ranking and in promoting website pages, you won’t have a blog or site to promote if no one can see it, anyway! Some helpful tips for SEO are:
- Maximize your URL to contain the most relevant keywords
- Make sure your page contains meta titles and descriptions
- Use links in your content, especially backlinks, which will redirect users to other parts of your website
- Use images, infographics, and videos that will be helpful to your readers and supplement your topic
- Rank in the featured snippets such that when someone searches what they need to find, yours will come out on top
- Test your page speed and see to it that it loads fast
- Offer to write in guest blogs or speak in podcasts
- Make It Easy to Share
Make your resource as shareable as possible. To web promote, this means removing the roadblocks that may prevent your readers from doing so. Streamline the process. One useful tip is making use of Click-To-Tweet links. This allows your clients to tweet your website or blog to their Twitter followers with just a click.
Another way to make your site more shareable is by improving your commenting system. It is often overlooked but comment boxes don't need to be boring. Include the option to add emojis, pictures, and even sound clips rather than your standard text-only comment box.
Promoting website pages is all about taking advantage of quick and doable steps that make the process as streamlined as possible. Don’t underestimate the power of word of mouth promotion. And better yet, do ensure that what you’re posting is something worthy of sharing. No one will spread the word if they don’t like what they see, and believe us, people love to share valuable content. Sharing is caring, after all!
- Take care of your existing client base
Last but certainly not the least, don’t forget to take care of your existing clients. This will make promoting your website easier, because satisfied customers are more likely to provide great feedback which will in turn help capture new ones. Your after sales service must be exceptional. Just like the golden rule says, treat every customer the same way you want to be treated. This not only helps in the promoting website corner of the internet, but it will surely leave you feeling more fulfilled at the end of the day.
And there you have it. Eight easy steps to promoting website pages. What do you think? Let us know which tip works best for you. We can also help you to get started on how to advertise your website for free. If you’re unsure about what you need to do first, don’t hesitate to consult the experts — our lines are always open.