Videography services may be in high demand these days but clients have also raised their expectations as far as service quality is concerned. We’re no longer okay with mediocre videos documenting the best events in our lives or representing our company’s brand and products. This trend only means one thing - a video website has to work harder at convincing potential clients that your services are worth the price tag.
Website building platforms such as Strikingly enable videographers to create their own online space where they can house their online portfolio for everyone to see. With a good video web template, Strikingly lets you create your online video portfolio and showcase your best work to the world. You don’t need to learn how to code to build your site. You only need to focus on creating great content to show visitors just how good a videographer you are.
1. Show only your best video projects
You’re probably tempted to show off all the videos you have produced so far. Some people argue that they want to give potential clients a variety of different materials to look at. But truth be told, no one has the time to go through a videographer website from start to end. You’re better off selecting 3-5 videos that represent your talent and the best of your work so far. If you create videos for different niches - events videography, business videos - you want to choose at least 1 in every category just to give your visitors an idea of the kind of work that you can do.
2. Keep your site simple
A video portfolio website can get heavier than most sites because of the amount of video files it contains. The heavier it gets, the longer it takes for a site to load. What you can do is host your videos on a different video site such as YouTube or Vimeo and embed them to your selected video website templates. This takes the load off your website and ensures that your video will load when users try to access it.
Keep your site design simple so visitors will not have to wonder how to get around your space. Make the navigation clear to encourage them to look around.
3. These elements must be present
One of the best things about working with videographer web templates is that you get to start with a fully-working site and all you need to do is add your content. Your online portfolio must have the following categories that will be able to promote your talents clearly:
- Homepage - if you create a single-page website, your homepage may serve as your entire website. This section is your elevator pitch to potential clients. Put your best foot forward by creating a site banner that contains an overview of what your business is about and a call to action that is dependent on your digital marketing goals and objectives.
- About Me - having your own video website allows you to create a space that reflects your unique personality. Interested clients will want to know more about you. This section can include a short story about your passion and how you create engaging videos to clients, among other things. Make sure to keep the story brief and to the point to avoid boring your users out.
- CV - visitors will want to know your background and if you’ve had the right kind of training to be able to produce quality videos. Make sure you include your CV to the videos websites templates that you are working on.
- Testimonials - you can announce how great you are all you want but visitors are more likely to be convinced of this if you add positive reviews from previous clients. Add a section on the video website dedicated to testimonials to let people know just how good you are. Make sure to gain permission from clients before you put their details up on your website.